Friday, July 11, 2014

Summer Boredom Busters!

This evening while I was making dinner, my 6 year old was sitting at the table and goes, "Mommy, I'm bored."

I know this may sound strange, but my kids have never, ever said those 2 words to me before- "I'm Bored."

My kids have been hanging out with their friends and the kids in the neighborhood a lot more now that its the summer, so something tells me that they picked up this new lingo from their buddies.

I looked at her and said, "Being bored means that you simply can't think of anything to do. I have so many things for you to do! You can start by unloading the dishwasher, when you're done, you can sweep the kitchen floor and if you are still bored after that, you can set the table for dinner- how does that sound?"

She jumped up from her chair and went, "Actually mommy, its okay, I think I'll go and play in the playroom until dinner."

This little event inspired me to make a Summer Boredom Buster chart that I will print out and put up on the wall in the kitchen:






























Feel free to print it out for your family. The next time your kids complain that they are bored, show them their list of options- and I can guarantee you that within seconds, they will have found something fun to keep themselves busy with :)

It was actually very cute, my 5 year old came out of bed this evening, walked into the kitchen and said, "Mommy, I'm bored." 

I then realized that my kids are very new to this word and are so great at keeping themselves busy that they don't really understand what they are saying- but probably hear their friends say it or heard it in a video they watched.

But its okay, because they will now know that any time they are feeling bored, there is always something to do around the house!

Hope you are having a wonderful summer,
Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...